Aspire Technology is an innovative Professional Services and Software Development company, with a core competence in mobile telecommunications. Our solutions are delivered to Mobile Network Operators and Vendors, Managed Service Providers and Technology Partners globally.
Our customers include global mobile operators and the world’s leading suppliers of telecommunication products and services.
At Aspire Technology, we have some brilliant people and they have helped us to secure a number of large scale contracts with global customers. We are thrilled to be expanding our team and we have some amazing opportunities for ambitious telecommunications engineers. You will be joining a team of highly motivated and professional experts, and will prosper in a company whose culture is about our people and delivering exceptional expertise to our valued customers.
Working with Aspire Technology
At Aspire Technology we believe that to build a great company, you must have great people and great people are at the heart of our company. We work with smart, motivated and innovative people who have a great attitude. You will love working on telecommunications technology, are passionate about delivering to our customers and really enjoy working with your Aspire colleagues.
We value people who are proactive at driving solutions and place customers and colleagues first. As part of the team, you can expect to:
- Work with globally respected Aspire engineers who are experts in their field to create and deliver innovative and pragmatic solutions for our customers
- Drive the operations and performance of our customers’ network
- Get the opportunity to work on-site with our customers as you drive the operations and performance of their networks
- Get the opportunity to work across leading and emerging telecoms technologies and domains
- Develop your technical leadership capabilities and provide technical expertise to your work colleagues and our customers
- Have ownership, responsibility and accountability for your work
- Participate in international operator network deployments and maintenance/support programmes
- Progress your career rapidly as you will receive first class training and mentoring
- Work in an environment where knowledge sharing is a fundamental part of the company culture and where engineers strive to help each other out at all time
Role: Senior Professional Services RAN Engineer
As a Senior RAN Services Engineer you will provide Technical Support and Services to commercially deployed GSM, 3G and LTE telecommunications networks primarily based on Ericsson solutions. You will troubleshoot technical issues in the Radio Access Network (RAN) and design workarounds and solutions to resolve these issues. You will develop strategies and provide consultation to customers on improving network performance. In some of our deployment roles, you will travel internationally and work in different cultural environments. You will be expected to take responsibility for the successful driving and completion of customer projects.
Your responsibilities will include
- Improve Radio Access Network performance through Radio parameters tuning, timers optimisation and features implementation
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems to stabilise and optimise our customers’ networks
- Support of new feature introduction in mobile operator networks e.g. mobile broadband
- Mentoring and sharing knowledge with less experienced engineers
- Team leading for small groups of engineers
- Investigation and resolution of RAN performance degradations
- Investigation and resolution of configuration faults in mobile operator networks
- Clarification of expected system behaviour towards mobile operators
- Participation in requirements gathering projects, and implementing operator requirements
Candidates for the above role will have broad and deep experience within telecommunications and Data Networks (Ericsson technology primarily), covering areas like hardware, software and network architecture and topologies for GSM, 3G and LTE systems (Core).
- Proven experience in RAN KPI optimisation methodology
- Considerable experience in deploying and troubleshooting with RAN vendor equipment from Ericsson including O&M, KPI analysis, detailed call tracing and trouble-shooting
- Proven demonstrable examples of where you have driven complex coordination and technical issues to conclusion, exhibiting a ‘get up and go’ attitude to problem resolution
- Considerable experience working with operators, and an appreciation of what the issues are for network operators, combined with a demonstrated willingness to drive issues to resolution
- Deep knowledge of GSM, 3G and LTE technology and network architecture in RAN
- A solid team player with ability to lead others and yet work independently
- Strong focus on Quality and Customer satisfaction
- Flexible and Adaptable to developing business needs and work patterns. For some roles, out of office hours/on-call are required
- Ability to work analytically and coordinate investigations. A problem solver
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues
- Experience working with modern IT environments and latest industry tools.
- Have proven skills in technical document writing (status reports, technical bulletins)
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- A Bachelor of Science or Engineering (Degree) in IT, telecommunications or equivalent, plus at least seven years’ experience in the telecommunications industry
At Aspire Technology you can expect:
- A competitive salary with performance related bonus
- Extensive technical and business training with the possibility to gain external industry standard certifications
- Opportunity for career advancement through our structured career progression model
- Opportunity to travel internationally
- Opportunity to work in newly emerging technologies such as 5G and IOT
- Flexible working hours
- Subsidised and very active sports and social club and the opportunity to get involved in our charitable and community based initiatives