Aspire Technology is an innovative Professional Services and Software Development company, with a core competence in mobile telecommunications. Our solutions are delivered to Mobile Network Operators and Vendors, Managed Service Providers and Technology Partners globally.
Our customers include global mobile operators and the world’s leading suppliers of telecommunication products and services.
At Aspire Technology, we have some brilliant people and they have helped us to secure a number of large scale contracts with global customers. We are thrilled to be expanding our software development capacity to handle new opportunities in LTE, and we have some amazing opportunities for ambitious engineers. You will join a team of highly motivated and professional experts, and prosper in a company whose culture is about our people and delivering exceptional expertise to our valued customers.
Working with Aspire Technology
At Aspire Technology we believe that to build a great company, you must have great people and great people are at the heart of our company. We work with smart, motivated and innovative people who have a great attitude. You will love working on telecommunications technology, are passionate about delivering to our customers and really enjoy working with your Aspire colleagues.
We value people who are proactive at driving solutions and place customers and colleagues first. As part of the team, you can expect to:
- Work with globally respected Aspire engineers who are experts in their field to create and deliver innovative and pragmatic solutions for our customers
- Get the opportunity to work across leading and emerging telecoms technologies and domains
- Develop your technical leadership capabilities and provide technical expertise to your work colleagues and our customers
- Have ownership, responsibility and accountability for your work
- Participate in international operator network deployments and maintenance/support projects
- Progress your career rapidly as you will receive first class training and mentoring
- Work in an environment where knowledge sharing is a fundamental part of the company culture and where engineers strive to help each other out at all time
- Gain an insight into all aspects of our organisation through our approachable management team
Role: Software Development Engineer (Telecoms)
As Telecommunications Software Engineer you will work in an Agile software design team on an international project, developing software solutions for a commercially deployed mobile telecommunications network. You will troubleshoot technical issues across the network and help to design workarounds and solutions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analysis of new feature requirements and breaking them down into User Stories to be implemented
- Coding and testing of new features in mobile networks
- Participate in scrum ceremonies for the Agile team, eg. sprint planning, retrospectives
- Mentoring less experienced team members
- Investigation and resolution of software faults in mobile networks
- Investigation and resolution of network performance issues
- Clarification of expected system behaviour
- Evolve into a team leading role for small groups of engineers as you progress your career
Candidates for the above roles will be highly motivated to work in the telecommunications sector. To succeed, you will have an engaging and inquisitive personality and a natural technical proficiency for all things Telecom and IT related.
You will have a natural drive to solve problems and have an innovative streak when it comes to delivering solutions. You must enjoy working with other people and with Aspire Technology you will enjoy working with people globally.
You will know that you are the type of person we are looking for if you have :
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in an Engineering discipline (Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience in C, C++, Java or other programming languages
- Good working knowledge of Software Design Processes and Software Testing principles
- Software development experience in LTE or 3G telecoms system
- Attention to detail with a desire to deliver high quality output
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Basic knowledge of Telecoms networks such as LTE, 3G or GSM
- Knowledge of UNIX like systems
- Strong communication, written, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams
- Ability to work with a technical and service-oriented team of professionals
- Flexible and responsive to changing work patterns and demands of the organisation
- A willingness to travel internationally
At Aspire Technology you can expect:
- Allowance towards pension / health insurance
- Extensive technical and business training with the possibility to gain external industry standard certifications
- One-to-One mentoring and coaching sessions with our leading engineers
- Opportunity for career advancement through our structured career progression model
- Opportunity to travel internationally
- Opportunity to work in newly emerging technologies
- Flexible working hours
- Subsidised and very active sports and social club and the opportunity to get involved in our charitable and community based initiatives.